The Ayahuasca retreats are held once a year for a very limited number of people. This retreat is focused on working with the sacred plant medicine of Ayahuasca. Over a period of fourteen days the group will be experiencing and reflecting on its healing properties. The small numbers are important to maintain as this is the traditional way of working with Ayahuasca. This allows for more individual care and attention.
Ruben Orellana PHD, anthropologist and former head archaeologist of Machu Picchu has been running ceremonies and tours in the Amazon since 1976. Michele Lukis, a Shamanic practitioner and psychotherapist is the only Westerner on our team. She works alongside of Ruben in holding the groups and tours. We are privileged and honoured to work with some of Peru’s most experienced healers and Ayahuasqueros.
Furthermore Shamanic space is dedicated to upholding and preserving the traditions of the people of the Amazon. We are very concerned and mindful about the effects and consequences of the ongoing and growing encounters between Western psychonauts and the traditional practitioners of Ayahuasca.
The experience we provide on our Ayahuasca retreats are both authentic and designed for those who wish to learn. We specialise in the traditions of working with the medicine plants from scientific knowledge to spiritual wisdom.
Sorry, nothing found.
Sorry, nothing found.
We respectfully tread gently with our jungle retreat and we invite you to join us.
Our Ayahuasca retreats include:
- A safe, secure environment in which to work with Ayahuasca. Your safety and comfort is of the utmost importance to us.
- Working with Ayahuasca in the traditional manner of small groups allowing for extra care and attention by our staff.
- A highly trained staff including psychotherapist and counsellor Michele Lukis; Ruben Orellana PHD, a cudnero (shaman) who has been holding ceremonies since 1976 with an impeccable reputation and a background in anthropology, archaeology and science; trained Peruvian helpers
- Four Ayahuasca ceremonies held with a sixth generation maestro Ayahuascero (Shaman) held in a traditional ceremonial space in a stunning location in the Amazonian jungle
- The study of Ayahuasca in the jungle and the process of brewing
- Group discussions with ayauaserco Don M and Ruben Orellana PHD on the curative properties of Ayahuasca
- Multiple group discussions held by psychotherapist and counsellor Michele Lukis and curendero (Shaman) Ruben Orellana PHD to allow the individuals to discuss and process the powerful and often emotionally intense experience of working with Ayahuasca
- Individual time to discuss your experience of working with the plants and the issues it may bring forward with the Shamans and an experienced psychotherapist
- Lecture and discussion on the Spiritual World of the jungle people
- Talk with a local healer (shaman) on the tradition of medicine in the jungle
- Accommodation in a beautiful and tranquil eco-friendly setting within the Amazonian jungle
- All meals catering to vegans, vegetarians and the diet of Ayahuasca. The meals are traditional and designed to maintain a healthy body while you learn to work with the medicine plant.
- Fresh water and teas available
Your stay in the Amazon Jungle also includes:
- Exploring the jungle with a professional local guide to learn about the various flora, fauna and wildlife native to the Amazon
- Observation of the pink and grey dolphins. An incredibly beautiful species which we have the honour of observing and learning about the legends surrounding them.
- Bird watching with a professional guide
- Fishing trips in the local boats
- Boat trips and swimming
- Visits to the local communities to experience the traditions of Peruvian culture
- Stargazing experience of the Southern hemisphere night sky
- Visit and explore the historic city centre of Iquitos
- Visit local markets
$4000.00 – shared room with one other person
$4265.00 – single room
The retreat is all inclusive except for the international flights. Everything is arranged for the group members from the moment of arrival in Lima until their departure from Peru.
For those that want to extend their stay and travel to other parts of Peru it is possible to do so upon request with experienced guides and shamans.
For further information please call Shamanic Space on 0208 691 6058 or contact us through this site.